CCleaner is my favorite utility, free or otherwise. The update released today promises faster load time, among other benefits. Faster is always better!
Here's a link to download the program, which is the only way to update it:
If you missed my original comments about CCleaner, you can read them here:
Here's a list of the changes in version 2.29.111:
- Improved speed when loading Cleaner screen.
- Improved Registry Cleaner speed when displaying issues.
- Improved Registry Cleaner performance when fixing issues.
- Changed Wipe MFT Free Space to run before Wipe Disk Free Space.
- Improved Include and Exclude screen when browsing for folders and files.
- Added Recursive support to Custom folders in Include screen.
- Added support to specify multiple file types for Custom folders in Include screen and INI files.
- Improved how Language Resource DLLs are loaded into memory.
- Improved application detection algorithm.
- Improved internal communication between process threads.
- Improved file scanning when scanning system folders.
- Improved Windows 7 and IE8 support.
- Minor GUI text changes.
Update and run CCleaner today - in all profiles!