JULY 20 2016 - RECENT UPDATES
In addition to the usual patches and updates released by Microsoft on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, these are also important updates to install.
1. JAVA - Version 8, update 102 was just released. You may see a prompt to install the update, and you can follow that prompt, but be sure to UNCHECK any boxes offering 3rd-party software such as security scans or toolbars. Easier: run the Ninite update if it's installed on your computer. No decisions to make, no additional Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs).
2. ADOBE FLASH - Current version is 22.214.171.124. This one can't be updated via Ninite, but should update itself if auto update is enabled. If you want to check your current version go to the Adobe web site, then click Flash Player in the lower right corner and follow the prompts UNCHECK any box offering anything other than Flash.
3. ADOBE AIR - Easily updated using Ninite, or install when prompted, or install from the Adobe web site as above.
4. ITUNES - Just updated to version 126.96.36.199. Install when prompted, run Ninite, or go to the iTunes web site.
5. MOZILLA FIREFOX - Now version 47.0.1. Updates easily from within Firefox, or run Ninite.
Restart your computer after installing updates, and if you leave it on all the time, restarting it several times each week will help it run better. Restarting finishes installing and uninstalling apps and updates and empties temporary files.
Questions? Contact me here, or via text, phone or email.
Cathy Contant 315-573-4905 http://cathycom.blogspot.com/