TIME TO TAKE OUT THE TRASH
Electronics disposal has become a bigger challenge and hassle than it should. Finding a convenient local collection spot or event is next-to-impossible. So I'm doing something about it, while hoping to regain the use of my garage for the winter.
If you're a client of mine and have electronics you no longer need, you can drop them off at my lab this week - and this week only. That's today, November 7 through Saturday, November 12.
Here are the details:
1. You'll do the lifting - I'm still on restriction.
2. I'm not wiping any computers of your personal data, unless you insist and then I have to charge you for the time it takes. However, EWASTE+ assures me they must wipe or shred "any data bearing device" to attain this standard.
3. Computer towers, laptops, printers, speakers, cables, keyboards, mice, routers are accepted free. "Microwaves accepted at $5 each, flat screen TV’s are no cost as well as Sony CRT’s. Any non-Sony CRT’s are at the 35 cents per pound rate." Since I don't have a scale and will not be weighing anything, if you want to drop off a CRT monitor or TV (non-flat-screen), I'll take them at $10 each.
4. If you have questions, let's discuss. If you need directions, please ask privately. I'm not interested in publishing the lab location on the Internet.
5. If you'd like to pick up a calendar at the same time, I have a few left. Always available here: www.cathycontant.com
6. Please let me know when you'd like to drop off so I can open the garage, making it easier for you to offload.