Monday, October 21, 2019

UPDATES ARE COMING.

Updates Are Coming. Is your computer ready?

Windows 10 computers will be receiving the next version update 1909 beginning with the November update cycle, starting November 12. It's not likely your computer will try installing 1909 on the 12th, but you should see it within the first month. If you've paused updates nothing will happen until after the pause date.
Be sure your Windows 10 computer already has version 1903 installed, which should have happened sometime between last spring and now. To check your current version, type the word about in the "Type here to search" box, then click on About your PC. Look under Windows specifications, then version. If it's anything other than 1903, check for updates and let the update start.
If your computer is still using Windows 7 it will still receive security updates until January. After then there will be no further Windows 7 updates and you'll be on your own to protect your computer, your data and your identity from security issues. Adding more (third-party, paid or otherwise) security won't be the answer. Upgrading to Windows 10 or replacing the computer if it's more than 3 years old is the next step.
I'm doing price, specification, and availability surveys on new equipment almost every day now. Prices and availability change almost by the hour. If you'd like current information on what's involved in replacing your computer contact me anytime.

Cathy Contant 315-573-4905 cathy@cathycom.com

1 comment:

chrispy said...

Hi Cathy,

I just left you a voice mail.
My current laptop is mal functioning. I work from home daily doing stock analysis and market research. I also use the laptop at night and generally have alot of things open at the same time. I am an older techie who was a superuser for sun micro systems, tmobile and my parts analysis tool development with Sevigistics is used at Oracle today. I know enough about self support to get myself into quite a bit of trouble on my laptop with no tech support. I use lots of spreadsheets with lots of formulas and have lots of windows open in chrome.

My current laptop was purchased from new egg and I did not do a good job of transfering my files from pervious lap tops. The fan has always run loud and the areas around the battery have always been hot to the touch. I use an aluminum stand to keep the vents clear and I do use it on my lap in an easy chair.

I am open to any new purchase/ configs and repair of this one. I would like to bring the new and old one to you for data transfer.

Thanks,

Christine Payne

Item Description

9SIAK1E9K39132 2019 Dell Inspiron 13.3" FHD IPS Touchscreen 2-in-1 Premium Thin and Lightweight Laptop, Intel Quad Core i7-8550U up to 4.0 GHz, 20GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, HDMI, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10, Gray